Mackenzi Lee, author of the upcoming novel THIS MONSTROUS THING (who will be interviewed here soon!) inspired the new title for these Frankenstein themed posts: Frankenlove! I actually really love this dorky little banner I made, so you better love it, too.
Today, we’re going to share several fun and different bits of Frankenstein greatness.
1. Frankenstein’s monster was on a postage stamp. Twice! In 1997 and 2002.
2. Benedict Cumberbatch and Johnny Lee Miller were in a Frankenstein play in 2011. It was broadcast in cinemas around the world, but still no DVD. 🙁
3. There’s a Frankenstein episode of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. It was Halloween II, and Dr Quinn read the story to her kids, and then a guy who’d been in a train accident showed up in town. The youngest son is afraid of him, because he has stitch lines and burn marks, but Dr Quinn fixes him up. Don’t you feel informed, now? The story of Frankenstein shows up everywhere, guys, I’m telling you.
4. There are a TON of Frankenstein comics. Just today the 3rd issue in a 5 part series was released for Frankenstein Underground. Mike Mignola (a very famous, very awesome, comic writer. He did Hellboy, among many other things) is writing it.
5. Dean Koontz wrote a Frankenstein series, apply titled, Dean Koontz’s Frankenstein. They take place in New Orleans. The first one is called, “Prodigal Son.”
Five seems like a good number. Have you seen the Frankenstein tale pop up anywhere interesting lately?